News & Updates
PDAC 2014 Ferrobamba was present at this year’s PDAC mining convention with a booth and drill core from the Aymaraes Project. Ferrobamba received praise for its very succesful initial drilling campaign. Visitors were able to learn details of the conceptual study for developing a mining operation.
Agreement Signed with Tenova Ferrobamba has signed a cooperation agreement with Tenova to develop its iron ore mine in the Aymaraes region of Peru. The company has chosen Tenova HYL Micro Module technology in order to oversee the technological design and provide the equipment to develop and build a 500,000 t/y pelletization plant and a 250,000 t/y DRI high carbon DRI plant.Read more
Exploration: Advance the Aymaraes project pre-feasibility
- Carry out a Mineral resources definition drilling of 20’000 meters. Consist on infield drilling on Skarn 4 and Skarn 7 and exploration drilling on Skarn 1, 2, 3, 9 and 10.
- Detailed metallurgical test program to deep understand the concentration process and optimize current flow sheet
- Prepare all the required environmental and social impact studies for exploitation
- Finish the Pre-Feasibility study on mining, concentration, transport and the port.
- Prepare a Marketing study
Exploitation: Prepare to start a start a DSO operation in the short term, for initial cash generation
- Exploit superficial 12.5 Mt of Skarn 4 Oxidized resources at a rate of 400K tonnes/year
- Extremely simple operation and low CAPEX investment
- Short time to production