News & Updates
PDAC 2014 Ferrobamba was present at this year’s PDAC mining convention with a booth and drill core from the Aymaraes Project. Ferrobamba received praise for its very succesful initial drilling campaign. Visitors were able to learn details of the conceptual study for developing a mining operation.
Agreement Signed with Tenova Ferrobamba has signed a cooperation agreement with Tenova to develop its iron ore mine in the Aymaraes region of Peru. The company has chosen Tenova HYL Micro Module technology in order to oversee the technological design and provide the equipment to develop and build a 500,000 t/y pelletization plant and a 250,000 t/y DRI high carbon DRI plant.Read more
- Project 100% owned by Ferrobamba Iron S.A.
- Based in Peru, a mining-friendly country
- NI 43-101 Inferred Resource of 384.7 million tonnes @ 46.3% total iron
- Conceptual Study completed by BBA indicates the following:
- Mine life of 13 years at a milling rate of 16.6 Mt/year
- LOM expected production: 207.2 million tonnes (dry) of iron ore concentrate at 68% Fe
- NPV10: US $7.65 billion; 1.9 years Payback Period; IRR 52.1% (all pre-tax)
- Significant upside potential
- Gravity/magnetic survey indicates potential to expand the resource to 3 billion tonnes
All technical work is overseen or executed by world class independent contractors: Iron Ore Specialists from Watts, Griffis and McOuat Limited WGM (www.wgm.ca) for Exploration, Geology and Mineral Resources; BBA Inc. BBA (www.bba.ca) for Mining/Processing and Economic Analysis; and Paterson, Grant and Watson Limited PGW (www.pgw.on.ca) for geophysics.